nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cool Social Bookmarks
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

Great job mate, works a treat and those icons look nice on the homepage too!

I liked it so much I think its time to make my Christmas wish list public.
I am not going to bother with peace on earth and goodwill to all men this year as it has never worked for me in the past, so this year I'm going to be selfish and wish for Multiheadlines (aikons.net) and nukeSEO SB joined in perfect harmony, oh of what a wonderful world THAT would be Smile

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

It shouldn't be hard to add the icons to Multiheadlines. But I'm not sure to what you would link - your site or the feed source?

BTW, Multiheadlines is the exact opposite of nukeFEED. Multiheadlines consumes feeds, nukeFEED generates them. I did some testing this weekend and found some potentially big problems with the standard Nuke backend.php RSS 0.91 news feed. I noticed these same problems in nukeFEED, and wasn't too surprised to find them in backend.php, too.

I need to finish some tweaks for NSN News 2.0 and EDL (namely, integration with nukeWYSIWYG), but nukeFEED should be completed pretty soon after. After that the fun begins...

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

Yes, the link would have to be to the site rather than the feed, otherwise you would be directing traffic to the feed 'source' rather than that which is converted for display on your own site.

If I get the time I definitely want to have a go at this, it would be so beneficial I'm actually salivating at the thought <slobber, slobber>.

And with nuke FEED in the pipeline too - well I think Christmas might actually come early this year!!

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

Sure would be nice to get those backend.php fixes into RN too... Wink

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

I know, but I have some urgent WYSIWYG enhancements to add...who uses Reviews, anyway?

spasticdonkey
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

Social Bookmarks - Just stumbled across this.. Smile very nice indeed...
Don't suppose there's a way to get it to use the googletap urls?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

It should be possible to do. I did something similar for nukeFEEDs. You could take a look at kguske's download there as it has this integrate in.

I am pretty swamped at the moment so cannot do this myself... maybe by year-end.

Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

Yeah this is cool. Unfortunately the Furl button is "outdated" (according to them) and needs to be updated. The blink button doesn't seem to work for me either...

Qlof

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

the technorati button doesn't seem to work either but it might be a temporary problem with their service...

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

At some point, I'd like to make the links editable through an admin function. For now, we'll have to change them in the code. What is the current link format for Furl?

Qlof

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool Social Bookmarks Reply with quote

I honestly don't know as I cant add items yet. I guess it should be here somewhere: http://furl.net/tools/share_site

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you might enjoy this:
Converts the tricked out news social bookmarks to use CSS sprites, load as many icons as you want with only 1 11kb master image. 75+ social and community icons included, 24 pre-configured and ready to go. No instructions included.. Just upload and enjoy. Requires RN2.4+ and Tricked out News.

http://trickedoutnews.com/download-file-77.html

Not sure how modified the Tricked out News social bookmarks is as compared to your original version... but seems to work for nukeSEO_SB, with just a little CSS tweaking required for the TagThis block (too much padding atm)

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! | Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

update: I just changed for the TagThis block
$content = "<center><br>";
to
$content = "<center>";

no more spacing issue, seems to work with nukeSEO_SB, @ least the tagthis block... the other block uses the large icon format which was left out of this version..

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Looks promising!

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya another cool thing about sprites, once you have loaded the "master" image, you can use them at will for any number of things.

Say for instance, you want to automatically add icons to links to ebay and wikipedia in your news stories... and you are using ravenice theme which has article content inside the class "entry"

CSS (adjust path to background image accordingly)
Code:
.entry a[href^="http://www.ebay.com"],.entry a[href^="http://www.ebay.com"]:hover {background:url(../images/service_icons.gif) no-repeat;background-position:0 -128px;padding:0 0 0 20px;font-size:14px;height:16px}

.entry a[href^="http://en.wikipedia.org"],.entry a[href^="http://en.wikipedia.org"]:hover {background:url(../images/service_icons.gif) no-repeat;background-position:0 -864px;padding:0 0 0 20px;font-size:14px;height:16px}

and HTML in your news story
Code:
Hey it's my link to <a href="http://www.ebay.com/">ebay</a> and <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_typography">wikipedia</a>!

If you try this you will notice it adds the icon to those links.. Just don't let your font-size exceed 16px or you'll see the next icon in line too. I gave a little extra room in my example, font-size:14px; which was necessary in an old IE preview I did. This would only work inside of class "entry", if you need to apply elsewhere, adjust the to the class or ID your links appear in.

Enjoy.. I've updated the demonstration if you want to Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! Smile

montego

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very cool indeed! I had read about this capability quite awhile ago but have never had time to play with it. Excellent info! Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: