nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Columns and Rows Settings Ignored?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

I am trying to integrate HNL and nukeWYSIWYG from RN76_2.1.0 and am running into a few problems. It seems that the editor is ignoring the columns and rows settings that I am giving it.

Here is how I am calling the editor:

Code:

wysiwyg_textarea("msnl_textbody", $_POST['msnl_textbody'], "PHPNukeAdmin", "100", "100");

I have tried changing these two settings multiple times and multiple ways and the editor just does not seem to respond. I have even tried deleting my cached temporary files and I have tried both IE and FF. No dice. I have also tried using the addslashes function to the $_POST just in case the string wasn't being handle properly...

It looks like the columns are "floating" with the table that it is in (100% width), which is fine for this implementation, but I would like to provide far more rows than I currently am.

Any ideas? It looks like it should work by changing the two numbers on the right, but it just doesn't seem to have any affect.

TIA, montego

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

That's very strange. In an older version of RavenNuke, we may not have had the row stuff in the wysiwyg_textarea function in mainfile.php. Do you see that in your version?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

Yeah, I am testing HNL1.3 integration with RavenNuke76_2.1 (our baseline version of a few weeks ago). In that version, where FCK is fully integrated, the rows and columns are being passed, but not used apparently?

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

I thought I checked that in the final test version....

Here is the function as it should be in mainfile.php:
Code:
function wysiwyg_textarea($name, $value, $config = "NukeUser", $cols = 50, $rows = 10) {

global $advanced_editor;
   # Don't waste bandwidth by loading WYSIWYG editor for crawlers
   if ($advanced_editor == 0 or !isset($_COOKIE)) {
       echo "<textarea name=\"$name\" cols=\"$cols\" rows=\"$rows\">$value</textarea><br/>";
   } else {
      @include_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php");
      $oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor($name) ;
      $oFCKheight = $rows * 20;
      $oFCKeditor->Height = "$oFCKheight" ;
      $oFCKeditor->ToolbarSet   = "$config" ;
      $oFCKeditor->InstanceName = "$name" ;
      $oFCKeditor->Value = "$value" ;
      $oFCKeditor->Create() ;   
   }
}

Note that it really doesn't let you override the width, only the number of rows. We could add the ability to override the width, but it defaults to 98 or 99% of the available space...

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

Yeah, number of columns could be percentage. Makes sense. However, the code you posted is exactly what I am testing on. For some reason it does not appear to be allowing the $rows to really be passes / retained.

Give it a try in blocks.php or messages.php with RN76_2.1 baseline and see if your number of rows ever change. I am interested to know, because if it does for you, then maybe I do not have the latest?

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

Been watching this and I think you are right, the $rows is not being passed. I increased the value on my 7.6 1.x release and it doesn't seem to want to play ball there either, though the integration was experimental.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

Kguske, have you had a chance to look into this further? I know you PM'd me a test site to look at and it appeared to work perfectly, but was wondering if a fix was needed to get it to work?

Thx, montego

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

I was down with the flu until yesterday, and hope to have a look tonight.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

Montego, I compared what you sent to the version I use - they should be the same - and they were. Can you try using something like 70 (columns) and 99 (rows) to see if that makes a difference. Have you tried other values?

montego

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

I had tried a few different combinations of columns and rows on my 2.02 RN76 installation, but will try again tomorrow morning once I am back on my work laptop. I'll let you know what I find.

BTW, I tried changing Messages and Submit News and neither seemed to work before...

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

Got it!

I checked the RavenNuke distribution again - it WASN'T what I was using on the test site. Here's the problem: In the mainfile.php, function wysiwyg_textarea, the rows / height were being set BEFORE the editor was instantiated. Specifically
Code:

$oFCKeditor->Height = "$oFCKheight";

was right before:
Code:

The CORRECT function should be:
Code:
function wysiwyg_textarea($name, $value, $config = "NukeUser", $cols = 50, $rows = 10) {

global $advanced_editor;
   # Don't waste bandwidth by loading WYSIWYG editor for crawlers
   if ($advanced_editor == 0 or !isset($_COOKIE)) {
       echo "<textarea name=\"$name\" cols=\"$cols\" rows=\"$rows\">$value</textarea>";
   } else {
      @include_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php");
      $oFCKeditor->Height = "$oFCKheight";
      $oFCKeditor->ToolbarSet   = "$config" ;
      $oFCKeditor->InstanceName = "$name" ;
      $oFCKeditor->Value = "$value" ;
      $oFCKeditor->Create() ;   
   }
}

montego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Columns and Rows Settings Ignored? Reply with quote

BINGO!!!!! That was it. Thanks so much. What are your plans for releasing nukeWYSIWYG as a formal release? This works excellent now for HNL1.3! Shall I wait a few more days to release?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: