nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Browser Back Button Can Wipe Out Editor Contents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Browser Back Button Can Wipe Out Editor Contents Reply with quote

I am trying to integrate HNL and nukeWYSIWYG from RN76_2.1.0 and one of the features is to provide for a preview function. In versions 1.2 and below, I was using js to open a new window and I never lost the data within the original newsletter creation form variables. I had to change that behaviour due to what I think to be a poor implementation of FF (I know why they did it, but that is what pop-up blockers are for!). So, now I show the newsletter preview in a different way and use a history(-1) js command to do a browser "back". It is really strange. Sometimes the content within the Editor is retained and other times it is not. Completely intermittent.

Not sure what to do or if there really would be a solution given that all that is being done is a browser Back function... One thing that might solve the issue is that little "pop-up" feature we've been talking about. I could retain the original textarea field, which responds perfectly everytime to the back command, retaining its contents, but still give the admin/authors the ability to edit their newsletter content using the WYSIWYG editor in a separate pop-up window.

Food for thought...

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Browser Back Button Can Wipe Out Editor Contents Reply with quote

I got the popup feature to work, but there are more problems with it than I had time to address at that moment. Basically, it opens a new window with just the HTML editor. Making it work with different toolbars will be really tough - right now, it only works with a single tool that allows you to return to the smaller screen. If I have time to play around with it this weekend, I'll do so and post any updates here...

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Browser Back Button Can Wipe Out Editor Contents Reply with quote

Completely understand. I may have to re-write parts of HNL to pass the $_POST variables as hidden variables and change the GO BACK button I have from history(-1) to an actual form submit. Yuck... was hoping to not have to write all that extra code since I was only "tweaking" 1.3 to work better with FF and now I've got an integration issue with FCK and had already QA tested everything with Guardia too. Bummer.

I won't get much time this weekend to work on it, so I'll check back with you on Monday morning to see if you've progressed on a pop-up solution. If not, I may have to embark on the re-write of a few of the scripts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: