nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fernando2204
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for phpnuke 8.x
I need help installing nukeWYSIWYG is a great editor
I don't wanna use ravennuke
Please anyone here can tell me or where I can fallow the instruction for the
installation step by step

I only know a little about php so please be patient

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

I think someone wrote a short tutorial on how to remove TinyMCE from phpNuke 8.x, after which the instructions that come with nukeWYSIWYG should work.

Not knowing PHP will make it more difficult. Have you made other changes before?

Also, not sure why you want to use 8.x instead of RN - many benefits to RN, not many for 8.x.

fernando2204

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

Thanks kguske for the help
I cannot find the tutorial for removing TinyMCE
Can anyone post the link for removing TinyMCE please

Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

What are some benefits with RN? I use phpnuke 7.8 and I have heavily edited it so I don't really want to upgrade any time soon.

Will custom themes for phpnuke work with RN?

fernando2204

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

Yes Custom themes work but they have minor little things that are not suppose to happen like block text letters are sometimes on the center of the block instead of been on the left side

the best benefit is nukeWYSIWYG

Thanks kguske for the help
I cannot find the tutorial for removing TinyMCE
Can anyone post the link for removing TinyMCE please

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

The biggest benefits IMO (yes, I am biased as I am on the Team) are support and security. There are threads over at Raven's site which compare RN to PHP-Nuke in more detail.

fernando2204

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

If this site is about nukeWYSIWYG how come that you guys don't support Phpnuke 8.x for installation

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

That's a great question, fernando2204.

First, what is support? In my view, it includes providing answers to questions and trying to resolve issues for a product. Even though there is no official support for PHP-Nuke 8.0 (at least not from the site that is about PHP-Nuke 8.x, which is where we should really ask the question of how to remove TinyMCE), we do provide support for the products we create - and for others we did not. By we, I mean myself, with assistance from a few others like montego and guardian who also support the products they created, as well as PHP-Nuke and RavenNuke at http://ravenphpscripts.com. All of this work is done without expecting payment - and as you can see by checking the donations for our sites, we don't receive much for our efforts.

Does supporting a product require that it support all future versions, distributions, forks of PHP-Nuke? Of course not. When nukeWYSIWYG was released, we hoped that it would be easy to use with future versions, distributions, forks of PHP-Nuke, but there are no guarantees that the developers of those products won't make modifications that impact that.

Finally, we haven't said we wouldn't support nukeSEO products on future versions of PHP-Nuke. But our resources aren't unlimited, so it may take time to provide that support, leading to a recommendation that you consider using another version that is currently supported. In a sense, we are supporting you by offering alternatives.

Since PHP-Nuke moved in the direction of TinyMCE, it makes sense that we develop a guide for removing it (I thought that was already done somewhere, so I may just need to find it) so people using 7.7+ can use nukeWYSIWYG instead. But even without nukeWYSIWYG, people may want to remove TinyMCE from PHP-Nuke for valid reasons, and they cannot get answers or assistance from PHP-Nuke.org. At the same time, I'm trying to release additional enhancements like nukePIE and an update to nukeSEO (among many other things). Among competing tasks, the additional enhancements take priority in my view because they bring value to a much wider audience. That's why I'll focus on them first. Again, we'll eventually get to it and certainly welcome any assistance on these efforts. That's what enables the open source community - and the PHP-Nuke community - to growth and improve.

agima

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

hi all,

what help is really required to install it under 8.x ?

there is no help needed at all!, just upload the files to your server and then change textarea by wysiwyg_textarea - is that hard to do? Smile

Also, why TinyMCE should be removed ??.... I didn't removed it, and everything seems to work fine, im missing something?

btw, this is my first post here, i just want to thanks you guys by the great work you did on nukeWYSIWYG, btw... for when 2.5 integration?

PS: I'm using Mozilla (SeaMonkey) and switching "source html" on/off the html source is automatically edited/changed by Mozilla (adding tags like -moz-initial; or changing bgcolor to something like rgb( 0,0,0 ); ), is there a way to avoid this behaviour, somehow please? im too annoyed by this Sad

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

Here is one good reason not to use phpNuke 8.x let alone leave the tinyMCE editor intact;
http://www.code-authors.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=43

agima

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How can Install nukeWYSIWYG for Phpnuke 8.x Reply with quote

interesting to read, thanks for the link, i did know php-nuke could have serious bugs but never see it represented with such a graphics.

anyhow, as i understand it, this is about the "plain version" from phpnuke,org - what about the builds made by nukeresources,com?

I am almost totally new with phpnuke/CMS systems (about two weeks of use), and as a decent CMS system I always hear about phpnuke (bugs apart), didnt know the rave fork or other forks around the world until i started to look at google when i already installed phpnuke 8.1.34 at my site, and for now everything seems fine (some little glitches apart, like when sending html code to content/news ...), i dunno how easy it will be to migrate to some fork if there is found a serious bug into my version, may exporting tables and importing back to the rave or other fork is enought, i dunno, or may it could be easy to modify code directly, we'll see... but for now it's/seems ok Smile

BTW, I think I've found a bug into nukeWYSIWYG, or better say under kses... style tags arent properly "translated" (when from check_html() I think), so that when code submitted is:

Code:

<td style="background:#123456;font-size:8px;">

it is then saved as:

Code:

<td style="#123456;font-size:8px;">

I looked at the code and was unable to fix anything because i have no experience with regex functions, how this can be fixed?

Gretz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: