nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCKeditor and image directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

When I insert an image with FCKeditor the script create directory only into the following path:

.../FCKeditor/upload/image

Please can you help me to change the script so that create directory into the root?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

I found this one
\includes\FCKeditor\editor\filemanager\upload\php\config.php
Code:

// Path to uploaded files relative to the document root.
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/includes/FCKeditor/upload/' ;

but I'm not sure if there are any more.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

That is the correct file. One problem is that the relative path isn't relative - at least not on my Windows / XAMPP test system with Nuke in a subdirectory. It should work if Nuke is running in the root directory of the domain, but I haven't tested that yet.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

My PHPNUKE is in the root of the domain.

I modified:

Code:
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/' ;

but not run.

The script create folder and save image in the image folder.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

Did that create a folder / directory called Image under your root directory? That's what it should do. What didn't work? If the image isn't in that folder, make sure the permissions on the folder are 666 or 777.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

I am able to create folder and save image.

I need to create folder and save images only in the root.

Not in the path FCKeditor/upload/image.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

To clarify, when you changed the setting for UserFilesPath to /, it created a directory called /Image, correct?

In the same file (\includes\FCKeditor\editor\filemanager\upload\php\config.php) change this setting to FALSE:
Code:
// Set if the file type must be considered in the target path. 

// Ex: /UserFiles/Image/ or /UserFiles/File/
$Config['UseFileType'] = true ;

So, your settings would be:
Code:
// Set if the file type must be considered in the target path. 

// Ex: /UserFiles/Image/ or /UserFiles/File/
$Config['UseFileType'] = false ;

// Path to uploaded files relative to the document root.
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/' ;

Eduardo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

Sorry not run.

The script create directory only in that path:

FCKeditor/upload/image

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

What happened?

It might be necessary to set the permissions on your root directory, but I would recommend using at least the images directory to store files.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

I am admin of the following portal:

http://www.guitaronline.it

It is a catalog where I insert images, sounds, titlepages etc. of many guitar pieces.

Please see the Categories listed in the content module:

http://www.guitaronline.it/modules.php?name=Content

The categories are the authors. Into every category there are the pieces.

Every piece must be linked with 2 files .gif and .mid

See the following link:

http://www.guitaronline.it/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5

To order into line all the files I have created in the root of my domain the folder with the authors name.

Today I have installed your phpnuke distro and I have the problem to maintain the same order.

That is all.

I need that the FCKeditor, when I upload images, it creates folders for the images in the root of my domain.

Many thanks for your interest in my problem.

Regards

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: FCKeditor and image directory Reply with quote

FCKeditor stores images in predefined directories, not in directories that depend on other content. Changing FCKeditor to do this is way beyond the scope of normal support.

Based on your specific requirements, I would suggest that you either:
- develop a specific upload function to put the files where you want them
or
- change the logic of how content pages are created to use pictures stored in a common upload directory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: