nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meta Edit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adaykin
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Meta Edit Reply with quote

Ok I have nukeSEO installed and I went to the module in my admin panel, and I have the meta edit view open now. I tried to change some of the meta tags, like author to my name. When I tried to save though I got a message saying:

_METAWARN

Content-Type_ERROR13
EXPIRES_ERROR13
RESOURCE-TYPE_ERROR13
DISTRIBUTION_ERROR13
AUTHOR_ERROR13
COPYRIGHT_ERROR13
KEYWORDS_ERROR13
REVISIT-AFTER_ERROR13
RATING_ERROR13
GENERATOR_ERROR13

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

Is meta.php and meta2.php writable?
Also which version of phpnuke are you using.

Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

Actually the text _METAWARN looks like a missing language constant - make sure all the files have been uploaded.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

Those are really warnings. We're planning to remove them from the next release.

adaykin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

Is 644 ok for meta.php and meta2.php? I still get a warning for every change I make, I don't think any of my changes are being reflected in the meta tags when I make them, I am still getting all the warnings...

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

You should probably either have 666 or 777. Your host should protect against files being written from other servers or clients.

The warnings will always be displayed in the current version. Just ignore them.

adaykin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

ok chmod'ed them to 777. The changes I make are still not being reflected. The author is the variable $sitename, which is New Horizon Designs. I can't even change that from the nukeSEO module. I haven't been able to change anything at all....help???

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

Now I'm confused.
The variable that holds 'author' data is $authors and the sitename is $sitename.
The $sitename variable is set in the normal manner via the nuke administration area under preferences and has nothing to do with nukeSEO.

adaykin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

You can see that $sitename is the variable...I tried just putting in what I wanted but the changes are not reflected...everything here is what originally appears

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Meta Edit Reply with quote

It looks like you're missing the language files (i.e. note completely installed). I don't think the keywords text area should be in a WYSIWYG editor, so you might need to turn that off in your version of Nuke (not sure which version / distribution of Nuke you're using, but it looks like it has TinyMCE, so I'm guessing standard PHP-Nuke 7.7 or higher). You may want to rename your default meta.php file to something else, and make a copy of meta2.php that came with nukeSEO called meta.php, and make it writeable (start with 777).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: