nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work with feeds and Rss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floppy
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Work with feeds and Rss Reply with quote

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for your work on nukeFeeds and other great tools for RSS capabilities.

Its a project that is long overdue for the nuke cms.

Floppy,
Clan Themes
www.clan-themes.co.uk

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Work with feeds and Rss Reply with quote

I agree!!! Thank you so much kguske!!!!

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Work with feeds and Rss Reply with quote

One of the bigger problems I've seen on the inbound feeds is that most of the feeds don't have compliant HTML. It's pretty pathetic, really... I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of time on massaging the inbound RSS to make it compliant.

It's time to focus on making the outbound feeds compliant. I've decided to change the approach slightly on nukeFEED - instead of showing icons for various formats, it will have a subscribe button that pops up to display various subscription alternatives and feed formats. It will use DIV's to hide the content (so all the content will be on the page for SEO purposes, of course!). Thoughts?

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Work with feeds and Rss Reply with quote

Sounds good to me!

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Work with feeds and Rss Reply with quote

kguske, I've been reading a book on SEO and it said that Google and others are now getting smarter about methods of "hidden" content. Their contention is that if the human eye cannot see it, then why is it there? For only one reason: SEO. I guess they don't like that much. Supposedly their algorithms are getting better at recognizing the various methods of hiding, such as through CSS or javascript.

Of course, who knows for sure. I have also read that anchor text is getting pushed lower and lower on the list. This one I got from the Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! website (no, that is not the book that I am reading, but they seem to know their stuff nonetheless).

It seems the SEO world just changes too frequently. My head is spinning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: