nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installed, no answers.......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seventys
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Hi, I have installed the module on a Nuke 8.0 site, BUT when I enter ANY info on the box,no answers..... No errors either.....

Any ideas ?

PS http://www.webdever.net is gone, I think you can keep th module now.....

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Just to confirm - are you using MySQL? Also, was there anything in the error log? Finally, does the database user (defined in the config.php) have the ability to create temporary tables?

Seventys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Oh yes, a standard Nuke server, php mysql. The db user can create anything.

I have not checked the logs, I have had other issues.....

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Some hosts don't allow temp tables to be created. Can you verify that yours allows that?

Seventys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

No, thats not an issue, the mod works on another of my sites..... But it is not on Nuke 8.0 but 7.6......

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Assuming these other sites are on the same server and your nuke 7.6 is patched, there shouldnt be any reason why this isnt working for you.
As kguse suggested, it would be worth turning error reporting on to see if that can give us a clue.

Seventys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

error reporting is activated for the module, and nothing.....

has anyone tryed an install on nuke 8.0 yet ?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Not I, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

Qlof
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Is there a way to use mSearch if your mysql can't create temp tables? I suspect that this is the case with my new provider as mSearch and Sitemap isn't working.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Not yet, but possibly in the future. nukeFEED uses a similar concept for collecting information without using a temp table. My original concern with not using a temp table was that it might impact memory if all the data was stored in memory. But, mSearch uses memory the same way as nukeFEED, with the additional overhead of the temp table - i.e. it's less efficient.

Qlof

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Installed, no answers....... Reply with quote

Is there any way that I can edit the code so that it just uses a table that it resets and rewrites every time someone makes a search? I guess this could mean alot of trouble if 2 searches are made at the same time.

Personally, the search issue can be solved. It's not a must with search on my site. I'm really bummed out about sitemap not working on the new server though. I'm guessing there can be a table that's not temp but I don't have the skills to do it and it's alot of work to ask from someone else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> mSearch All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: