nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adding nofollow to links automatically

View previous topic :: View next topic  
floppy
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: adding nofollow to links automatically Reply with quote

I been trying to find where it forms links. I want all my news article links to read

Code:
<a href="mypage.html" rel="nofollow">MY Page</a>

This guarantee's I am not sending my bots off to play on another page rather than continue'ing to index mine.

Any idea?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: adding nofollow to links automatically Reply with quote

Hmmm...a couple of ideas:
- add the rel modifier to the A tag in $allowable_html in config.php, then manually add the rel="nofollow" when submitting news (not recommended, unless you are the only one to submit new)
- modify the modules/submit_news/index.php to insert rel="nofollow" on all a href tags with some sort of string replace (not hard in PHP). If this happens just before the SQL insert and after the HTML is checked, you shouldn't need to modify the config.php / $allowable_html.
I don't think there is a way to force the FCKeditor to force the rel=nofollow

floppy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: adding nofollow to links automatically Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the php method is the only answer. I was hoping it was in the java or something. Sad

I will give it some play and post back my results.

floppy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: adding nofollow to links automatically Reply with quote

What a chore! Sheesh. This required custom edits to the admin side of news and still is a little buggy. Basically like you said though. Just an str_replace here and there.

Of course the only acceptable way was to format links like this

Code:
<a rel="nofollow" href="blahblah.com">

Which is ok with me. It didn't through up an XHTML flags that I can find.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: adding nofollow to links automatically Reply with quote

Nice follow up floppy - thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeWYSIWYG (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: